I'd rather be playing with Elephants

Thursday, April 17, 2008

I AMsterdam





It took less than a day in Amsterdam to revert to my backpacker lifestyle--soaking up a new culture and making new traveling friends! For a couple of days, Dave (Oz), Glen (NZ) and I shared sights, stories, meals, and many Heinekens getting to know Amsterdam. We compared thoughts on the sights like the Van Gogh Museum, Rijks National Gallery, Anne Frank House (loved them), got silly on 2 consecutive evening canal cruises (wanted to see how many pics we could take) and hit Bourbon Street, a Blues Club (the singer could NOT get a gig in New Orleans).

I was sad to move from the hostel to the Marriott and say goodbye to my new friends. They're off to explore new cities, and I'm on to meeting new international colleagues...

No comments: