I'd rather be playing with Elephants

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Pura Vida



The Costa Rica anthem is Pura Vida or Pure lIfe. What a wonderful way to think of 2009! I ended 2008 with a 5 hour beautiful drive from Monteverde to the coastal town of Manuel Antonio. I've traded up from hostels to a pretty little resort called Costa Verde and this photo is from my balcony. The Costa Verde slogan is "Still more Monkeys than people." I can hear them howling and can't wait to see one!

I went down into the little town of Quepos to ring in the new year. The first person I met in the adorable restaurant "El Gran Escape" was from Pensacola! It truly is a small world! I met several ex pats and now understand why they want to live in Costa Rica! The party took over the town. A salsa band got everyone dancing in the streets and there was a huge fireworks show overhead at midnight. So, here's to a Pura Vida in 2009!

No comments: