I'd rather be playing with Elephants

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Blazing Trails in Arenal



You know you´re in La Fortuna when a hostel dorm room empties out at 7am. The adrenalin rush starts early here. I decided to ease into the adventure scene and go horseback riding and hiking to the La Fortuna Waterfall. At least I thought I did... We were cutting new trails in the jungle, over rocks and through rivers on the horses and the hike was more like rock climbing. Thank God I´ve been working out with the trainer! Swimming in the beautiful waterfall was well worth it though!

Spent the evening exploring the small town with a few people from the hostel. Sunday evening brought the local families out to the big church and beautiful park in the center of town. It was like watching a colorful parade. We ended up at a lovely open air restaurant with a great bottle of Chilean wine. I'm completely relaxed and back in the traveler mindset. Ahhhh

No comments: