I'd rather be playing with Elephants

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Costa Rican Adventure


After only 5 short hours direct from Newark my vacation began at adventure speed. Adorable Diego, from the Arenal Backpackers Resort, filled me in all there is to do in Costa Rica on the 2.5 hr drive up to La Fortuna. Itinerary set! I threw my pack in my 8 person bunk room and headed straight out on a group hike around the Arenal Volcano National Park. We saw Toucan's, spider monkey's, rubber trees, gorgeous flowers! After dark we headed over to an observation point to see the hot lava spewing from the active volcano which erupted in 1968. Next, our little group went to play in the hot springs. I had dinner by the springs with two adventure travelers from San Francisco, Christine and Nicole. Afterward, we found James, from England, and Gabriel, from Canada, and started playing in all the different springs. Of course the ones with swim up bars were our favorites! So, 7 hours in Costa Rica and I'd already been on nature hike and was having drinks in volcano heated hot spring. So far, so good!

No comments: