I'd rather be playing with Elephants

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

What Made it to the End of the Road?

Since I started my trip with a packing list, I thought I’d let you know what’s in my backpack at the end of the trail…

4 Gap T-shirts (replaced midway in Tokyo)
3 pair of light pants
1 pair of jeans (didn’t wear them much, but when I did I was glad to have ‘em)
5 pair of shorts (brought 1 and picked up 3 along the way)
1 dress (wore it only 4 or 5 times, but felt like my old self for awhile)
1 batik skirt –my favorite item
Mirco-fiber athletic shell and pull over (thanks Julie and Tom)
3 souvenir t-shirts
5 light tank/halter tops
1 long sleeved cotton shirt
2 sarongs
1 bikini
7 pair of panties
3 bras
3 pair of sandals
1 silk sleep sheet—no this is my favorite item
1 travel towel
Full stock of toiletries, including one Rx of antibiotics (took 3 with me)
Converter and bag of cords
Camera
Dive computer, mask, snorkel and log book
Blow dryer
Well-worn playing cards
A stack of Photo CD’s, post cards and journals
A few souvenirs
An empty moneybelt!

The big pack weighs about 34 lbs, my toiletries pack weighs about 15 lbs and my day pack weights 2 lbs, so I've essentially seen the world carrying 51 lbs around. I should be in better shape than this!

No comments: