I'd rather be playing with Elephants

Monday, August 01, 2005

Underground Moscow



The Moscow subway system is something to write home about! The more than 120 stations are truly works of art. There are chandeliers, mosaics, huge bronze statutes, and marble everywhere. It's like a trip to a museum for the 9 million people who ride it daily. We spent a couple of hours riding around to the most special stations. Chad, who seems to have no sense of direction above ground, exceled at the Metro. At 13 rubels (about 50 cents,) it was the cheapest "excursion" in Russia!

2 comments:

The Author said...

Wow - I have seen TV programs about this but never imagined it really was that beautiful!! It makes the NYC subway look even worse that it is (if that could be possible!!!) Today's temperature is around 100 degrees (but feels like 110!) here - I imagine it's like a furnace on the subway. Thank goodness I can walk to work! Ciao, Julie

The Author said...

Wow - I have seen TV programs about this but never imagined it really was that beautiful!! It makes the NYC subway look even worse that it is (if that could be possible!!!) Today's temperature is around 100 degrees (but feels like 110!) here - I imagine it's like a furnace on the subway. Thank goodness I can walk to work! Ciao, Julie