I'd rather be playing with Elephants

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Lost in Translation

OK, I had to do it! The Park Hyatt where Lost in Translation was filmed is very near Setsuko's apartment, so that was my choice for my last night on the town. The view is magical!

The lounge on the 52nd floor has a singer to justify the ridiculous cover charge to have a drink in this breath-taking setting. But, it was well worth it. The view of the city rivals Manhattan. It was the perfect send off from Tokyo!

After three months of traveling I am ready for a break from new experiences. The guides I read to plan my trip warned me of the need for a vacation from vacation after 2 to 3 months of travel. So, I leave this afternoon for Bali via Taipei. I hear there are amazing cultural things to do in Bali, but I won't be seeing them. I plan to just scuba dive and sit on the beach for 10 days! I wonder if my new digital camera works underwater...

No comments: