I'd rather be playing with Elephants

Friday, September 23, 2005

Parasailing over Patong



I got a bird's eye view of Patong today from parasailing off the beach. I met a nice English guy, Paul, as I gathered the nerve to go up. He gets photo credit for these shots!

I met Paul for dinner this evening and two other guys joined us, one from Norway and one from Seattle. We went to an open air restaurant area (little white lights, plastic chairs, fish on display) on the main street. This is also where I had a great meal last night on the recommendation of the dive center. We chose lobsters and sole (flounder) with grilled prawns to start, and the guys bargained over the price of seafood at the tank. We all agreed it was a spectacular meal, both the food and the company!

I walked the nightlife street with them after dinner. I got to see the infamous "lady boys" of Thailand. You'd NEVER know they were men. Unfortunately, I had to turn in early for my 7am pick-up for my over-night dive trip to Ko Phi Phi.

No comments: