I'd rather be playing with Elephants

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Taking Care of Business in Bangkok

My first order of business in Bangkok was to head to the American Embassy to have additional pages added to my passport. I'm lucky they let me into Thailand with no room left to stamp.

I ran into a problem getting into Indonesia because I didn't have a place for their annoying full page visa. I was originally asked to return to the US to get more pages (very amusing), but it quickly boiled down to $20 US to cover an existing stamped page. I've found Andrew Jackson to be my best friend on this trip!

Speaking of the power of $20, that's all I needed for the really important business of the day--a beauty transformation. I spent the monsoon afternoon getting pampered. My hair and nails were in a state of crisis that only Bangkok could remedy. I had a mani/pedi, haircut w/blowout, mini-massage, and lunch for $20.

Ladies, get on a plane immediately!