I'd rather be playing with Elephants

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Turning South

Reality check, after 14 days in India my body has staged a little revolt. Indian food is my biggest challenge on this world tour. As my old roommate James will tell you, I can't even stand the smell of Indian food -- he'd have to open the windows and take out the trash if he ate Indian in our apt.

After eating Tandoori Chicken & Naan (the only two Indian dishes I can bare), and Imodium for two weeks, the Delhi Belly turned into a scary fever the night of my birthday. Thank God I was in a great hotel. The hotel sent a doctor and blood tech to my room in the morning. I was nervous about malaria and the two hour hand-delivered blood report was a huge relief.

I'm taking CIPRO and heading south to Kerala on India's coast to relax...

No comments: