I'd rather be playing with Elephants

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Elephant Riding



Stephanie, Ute and I chose went on a sunset Elephant Safari. We headed out in the country side to an elephant farm and saddled up. We had a great time seeing the trails from such a high vantage point. My elephant, Jumbo, was reportedly the most intelligent of the bunch, which meant that he tried to get away with everything. It was an exciting ride!

When we got back that night Robert was finished with his whitewater rafting trip and viewing the falls, so we headed to The Boma (the eating place in Shona) for a game dinner. It was a fantastic restaurant with all kinds of wild game and drumming at the tables. My favorite dish was the warthog, but the Kudu was a close second. I had a ball drumming under the thatched roof!

No comments: