I'd rather be playing with Elephants

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Plan B

I've decided to punt on the Tran-Siberian Railroad trip. The logistics are a nightmare, and I've wasted too much time and energy trying to work through the 3 country ticketing process. The "one train a week" out of Mongolia makes it too risky to just take my chances and go. It would be along wait in a Ger (Mongolian tent). Time to go with Plan B. But first, I need to come up with Plan B!

Ukraine sounds fun, but Chad can't get a visa, apparently Aussies aren't as welcome as Americans. Parasailing certification school in Slovakia (www.m-fly.sk) sounds great, but the dates aren't lining up. Chad is thinking of Istanbul, been there but loved it. Or, maybe I'll fly to Southern China and work my way up to Beijing? The world is my oyster... Any suggestions?

Update: The verdict is in, I've decided to fly to Shanghai and then work my way up to Beijing! I've booked a flight and a hostel for August 3. Isn't Shanghai fun to say?

No comments: