I'd rather be playing with Elephants

Saturday, July 02, 2005

A Night on the Town

Of course, I needed to give the Cape Town nightlife a try just for comparison purposes. I went out with two women from the hostel one Canadian traveling around Africa and a woman from Colorado at the end of her around the world trip. We had a fabulous dinner at a place called Greens, that easily could have been located in NYC--very chic. Then we headed to Long Street the center of nightlife for travelers.

We went to a new nightclub we heard about, Miam Miam. Confronted with a red velvet rope and long line outside I tried the NYC tactic of a little cash to the bouncer and we sailed in. Life is good when you are "on the list" Ha! It is a very reserved scene compared to my recent outings in South America. It reminded me of a bar in LA--it was a beautiful crowd. We quickly found several guys to visit with, two from SA and one American who is teaching in Cape Town now. We proceeded to have a great time dancing til dawn! Although it's not the Tango, I remembered how much I like to swing too.

No comments: