I'd rather be playing with Elephants

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

So Long to St. Petersburg

I am sad to leave St. Petersburg this evening! What a fairy tale! There is still a lot I would like to see here, but I know that I will be back one day.

Today we went to the Russian art museum. The ornate yellow building would have been enough to visit without the impressive art collection. My favorite was an extensive Marc Chagall exhibit. I did not realize he lived to be 97 years old and painted right up to the end. His life was fascinating and to see his work in his native Russian was moving.

This evening I leave on the overnight train to Moscow. Chad is going too and we stopped and loaded up on snacks for the trip. I'm excited to ride my first overnight train on this trip. It is my warm up to the Trans-Siberian adventure to come...

No comments: