I'd rather be playing with Elephants

Monday, July 11, 2005

Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe Side



Safari Day 6 was our most relaxing day. We had optional activities and free time too! Stephanie, Ute and I went to explore Victoria Falls in the morning. It was amazing. This is the biggest waterfall in the world in terms of volume of water. It was a beautifully sunny day, but as we walked along the rainforest microclimate the spray soaked us. It is called the Smoke that Thunders, and that it does! There was just a well worn path around with plenty of places that you could plunge to your death. It makes you realize how safety conscious we are in the US. Even the visitors to Iguazu Falls were much more protected.

We used our free time to look around the town of Victoria Falls and see for ourselves how very little they have. Not a Coke in sight! I had a relaxing afternoon back at the camp--one of the best I had on the trip. I'm starting to really enjoy this camping thing. Scary!

No comments: