I'd rather be playing with Elephants

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Aerial View of the Andes






My new favorite excursion is paragliding. It's the most exciting way to see a new area! Anja and I headed up one of the mountains in the first Andes range, and we both agreed that the 45 minute harrowing trip up the mountain, in a 4x4 over huge rocks hanging on the edge of the cliff, was much more frightening than taking a running jump off the mountain!

Paragliding in Mendoza was very different than Rio, much more acrobatic. My ride was at sunset and the view of the snowcapped Andes with a pink and red background was heavenly. But, we didn't just glide down taking in the scenery. My adorable pilot let me steer and took me for a rollercoaster ride!

I wonder how you get a paragliding pilot's license? These fun guys have the best job in the world!

No comments: