I'd rather be playing with Elephants

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Back in BA



I resumed big city life in Buenos Aires for my last three days in South America. My primary objective was to obtain a visa to enter China in August. I had such good luck with the Russian Embassy in BA that I decided to take on China. I found that my inability to speak either Spanish or Chinese made things go much quicker. They just gave up, and I sailed through the process in record time!

Now on to the fun part. I decided to devote myself to the Tango for three days. When in Buenos Aires...

Four lessons with dreamy and talented Ismael, two nights Tangoing into the wee hours, one pair of to-die-for shoes, and another Tango Show at Cafe Tortoni later I am completely hooked. Mel swears that I'm a natural, and I credit the 21 years I've followed Steve around the dance floor! Or, perhaps it's just that I would follow Mel anywhere.

The point of the Tango is to feel and move, and NOT to concentrate or anticipate -- this is ironic since it's also the goal of my RTW adventure!

No comments: