I'd rather be playing with Elephants

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

WEAR in the World?

My number one concern about this advenure is the packing! All the RTW travel books are written for 24 year old guys. One even suggested that I leave behind my favorite jeans because they don´t dry fast enough. Ha!

Here´s what I´ve decided to take along for the ride. I will review the list later to see what was actually useful or ridiculous to bring.
Clothes:
5 pair of pants -- including my favorite jeans
5 Banana tee shirts
5 cute little tops
1 truly active top and cover set--thanks Julie!
1 long sleeved cotton shirt
1 black sweater set
1 long flowy skirt
1 bathing suit -- well it has 2 different tops for variety
1 pair of PJ pants to double as beach cover
1 weeks worth of lingerie
1 black Gallo Gear nylon jacket
Splurges-- 1 Diane VR wrap dress and of course the Pucci shirt!

Shoes:
3 pair of sandals, Tennis shoes, Hushpuppies, 1 pair of heeled sandals

Outdoor Girl Stuff:
Travel towel, 2 flash lights, travel cup, silk sleep sheet (so the bed bugs don´t bite), rain poncho, ear plugs, expandable bag

Electronics/Necessities:
New digital camera, Ipod Mini, Cell phone (for emergencies--don´t call me on it), notebook and reporters journal--Thanks Ann, 3 travel files and official papers, 1 baseball cap, twice as many toiletries as I´ll need

And the Drugs:
101 Malaria pills -- thanks Gina
4 Rx´s of antibotics
100 dramamine
And every other over the counter drug, first aid item and general protector you can think of safely packed in Tupperware of course!
Most importantly millions of Benedryl!

I filled one very large backpack (to be checked), and two small packs to be used for weekend and day packs on the road. The adventure begins with or without the right clothes!

No comments: